January 23, 2007

Well F*ck me....

So, the IVF Nurse called me this am, and out of the 20 eggs that they got, 15 were mature.... well, this is where I got screwed... not one single one of my eggs fertilized. See I know those ovaries were gonna screw me!! I got them to give up the booty, so they gave up the shittiest bunch of eggs they had!! They called me at 10:10, so I had a feeling that something wasn't right, you know they get the good news calls out of the way first thing in the morning!! She told me that she was gonna talk to Dr. B and call me back with what to do next, well, just a few minutes later she called and asked me if I wanted them to attempt "Rescue ICSI". I guess the odds are not good at all because the eggs have been out for 24 hours, but I told her what the hell, give it a shot. Can't hurt at this point. She told me all the docs were stunned that everything looked so good and then for this to happen. I simply told her that I wasn't surprised because I have been waiting for the other shoe to drop anyway. So, I G**gle the hell out of Rescue ICSI only to find that the odds are slim to none that it will work at all. So once again, my Ovaries have found a way to bring me to my knees. Clark was beside himself when I called him, thinking that it had been that his sample was bad, or the meds that he is on prevented it, but I know it is me, and I knew something was gonna happen....

I am still waiting for the nurse to call me back, and it may not be until tomorrow, but I am going to go crawl into my bed an have a pity party before Kent comes home and I have to put on a happy face!!! I HATE IF!!!!

2 comments:

DD said...

No way!!!

I know that what I write next is not going to help how you feel right now, but this may not all be your eggs. I have two IRL friends who had to use ICSI because their husbands sperm is incapable of penetrating an egg.

There's no way you could have known this would happen, and I am so damned sorry it happened on the 11th hour. This is not at all the update I was expecting, so I'm sure you have been knocked back.

I could write more about what's next, but I know you just want to get through the day.

Susan said...

sorry to read this. don't you just love the unexpected slap in face? ooohhh, she's up! She's up! Now watch this: WHAM!!! We kicked her right in the teeth folks. Want an instant replay?

i always seem to get news like this when i'm naked with my feet in the stirups....