March 25, 2010

Meet Rex, the Wonder Horse!!









So this is my new Man... Rex. The vet was out yesterday and said over all he looks good, we just need to get him fattened back up. He got all his shots and a wormer. The vet said that he was really impressed with his personality for an Appaloosa, and an appaloosa stud at that. I am working with the local rehaber, and have him on a great feed schedule, not to mention letting him out to graze twice a day. He has gotten a bit uppity with me a few times, but I have it down to two things... one there is a mare at the barn in heat, and two he is really freaking afraid he is going to keep starving!! He has started letting me brush his winter coat out, and actually stood still for it!! He is really going to be an amazing guy once we get him all healthy again, and I am looking forward to seeing him in all his glory!!! Enjoy!!

12 comments:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

He's beautiful and so lucky to have you!

Kristin said...

He is such a handsome guy. I'm glad you rescued him.

Tracey said...

He's lucky to have you....good luck. I can't wait to see him in a couple months. With love and care you'll see a major difference.

Lost in Space said...

He is a beauty! Congrats on the new "guy" in your life. (-;

kimbosue said...

What a cutie! I am so glad you saved his life! He is one lucky stud. Heehee

Anonymous said...

He is a beauty! Give him an apple from me.

Photogrl said...

What a nice lookin' guy...can't wait to see him after you've fattened him up!

libby @ ninesandquines said...

LOVE him!!!!!!!!!! are you considering gelding him? that will help a little - but probably have to wait until he's all rehabbed :-) it's the best having those amazing creatures trust in us to do our best for them :-)

poison Ivy said...

He is beautiful! I can't wait to see the first pic with your beautiful baby on him!

amanda said...

what Suzy said!! He just landed the best home EVER!

A Bumpy Ride said...

Gorgeous animal!!

CandCFamily said...

He is beautiful!