April 26, 2009

R.I.P Lenita

Thursday was a shitty day in more ways then one for me. As I was sitting in the lab waiting to get my Beta, my cell rang. I didn't recognize the number but I answered it anyway. A man answered and said his name. Then his last name, and all at once I knew why he was calling and my heart sank. Tears fell, and I begged him not to tell me what I knew in my heart was true. My friend was gone. She had died on the 13th of March and he had been going through her cell phone getting ready to shut it off when he saw my number. He said he hadn't meant to take so long calling me, but things had been hard on him and the kids. 38 years, a husband and 3 Beautiful kids. My friend, who knew my heart so deeply. I will never hear her sweet voice again, or get a big hug from her letting me know things are going to be alright. Always so positive no matter what was going on. I knew she was in pain most of the time, but she never let you see it. She was sick in the end, no one knew what was wrong with her, and one of the last conversations that we had, she told me her biggest fear was leaving her kids without a Mother. I know she is in a better place, but I will forever miss her in this place. Goodbye sweetie, I love you!!

6 comments:

Aunt Becky said...

I'm so, so, sorry for your loss.

Kristin said...

Man, when it rains, it pours. {{{Hugs}}} and prayers for you. I am so very sorry for your loss.

said...

That is heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for you, her husband, and her sweet children.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, life doesn't make sense. Thinking of you.

Erin said...

Oh Rebel, sweetie, I am so very sorry for your loss. She was clearly a wonderful person and friend to you, and I'm so sad for you and her family.

Rhonda said...

Oh, my friend, I am so sorry!