March 11, 2009

Strangers in the Night

Turtle has decided that it is very important for her to be up several times every night for the last week. She cannot be consoled into just going right back to sleep, or by just letting her talk to herself. She starts screaming in a few minutes if you don't go in to see her, and she is WIDE awake when I do. Last night I went right in and made her a bottle... that did the trick for a few hours, and then we were up again.... any suggestions??

The poor thing has also become so clingy the last 2 weeks that I am finding reasons to get out of the house after Clark gets home just to have 5 minutes to myself. How sad is that?? But there is something about not being able to walk because there is a 23 pound person hanging on to your leg....

I had to babysit for the babysitter today, and my kid was the "bad" one. She literally screamed from the time we got there until we left. When I picked up the 4 month old that was there, she would pick it up a notch and literally scream until she was purple in the face. Does this bode well for a younger sibling?? UGH....

By the time I got her home just a short 3 hours after we left, her eyes were swollen, she had busted blood vessels in her face, and she was so exhausted that she fell asleep in less then 3 minutes. I have to start leaving her with this sitter in a week or so to go back to work, and then to "cycle" starting on the 26th. She has known this woman since the day she was born, so I have NO CLUE what is going on with her, and it breaks my heart to see her do this to herself!! I don't know what to do, and it is wearing me down.

Work... yeah, there was this Divine thought I had about being a CNA. Well actually after the kids are all in school I am going back myself to be a nurse, but for now the CNA. Your license has to be renewed every 2 years, and to do that you have to be working under an RN. Mine is up the 23rd of April, so I have to do something before the 2nd week of April in order to keep it. In order to go to the nursing program I want, I have to keep my CNA. Welcome back to health care!! So if I am quiet you will know why!!

I also added a special site to my sidebar today. This family is trying to get the funds up to bring Little Kellsey home. I got this site from a friends blog, and was touched to tears with the love and devotion that this family has for their kids!! I have to admit it really struck me deeply because of the scare we had when PG that Turtle could have had Down's. So please if you get a chance, go over and look at the items they have in their "Silent Auction" and help them bring Kellsey Home.

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

She'll be better for the babysitter when you aren't there. No worries!!

Kristin said...

My kids were always worse for sitters when I was around. Other than that little tidbit, all I can offer are {{{hugs}}}.

Anonymous said...

Turtle knows her mama rocks, she just wants to be with you. ;)

Wishing 4 One said...

Wow, poor turtle. Maybe she just wanted to be with you only as My Reality said? Anyway good luck with work, my sister has been a CNA for along time, doing her nursing now.

Sambalina said...

Charleigh seems to think its cool to hang out at night. It must be a phase. A rather annoying one, I miss my sleep!

Good Luck with the sitter!

What happened to our nice weather?

Lisa Noel said...

my little man is up regularly at night again too. its a great cure for baby fever in my case!! :)