January 6, 2008

Still Gestating!!!!

Yep, she is still gestating!!! GAH!!! It just cracks me up that I spent weeks on drugs to keep this little turkey in the ute, and all of a sudden it is like she got comfy and decided that she likes it way better then before!!! Boy I tell you this is our daughter for sure!!!!

So I went to the OB on Thursday, and all was well, I am making some progress. I was still only 1 CM dilated, however now my cervix is anterior instead of posterior, so that is a little change. The Doc that I saw went to palpate my belly, and just said "Holy Cow girl you are ALL baby!!" So now he is a tad concerned that she may be to big to fit through my pelvis. He asked how much she weighed the last time we had an U/S, and I told him she was like 4 pounds 12 ounces at 33 weeks. He just giggled and said "OK then you are gonna need another U/S before I see you next week, cuz we have to see just how much baby this little girl really is." UGH!! So now I have that to look forward to!! I am officially 38 weeks tomorrow, and I NEVER would have guessed that I would be sitting here still waiting for this little one to make her grand appearance!! I am having a lot of contractions, but nothing that stays really consistent, although some do seem to be getting more painful in the last few days.

I hate to say this again, but I have been stressed out again the last few days because Kent is back to his crap. F in one class and missing assignments in another. Then he sits here all X-mas break and KNOWS that he has 2 projects due right after he goes back to school, do you think he did them?? Nope, and what he was going to hand in was horrid, so Clark and I ended up helping him work into the night at the last minute to do a project, that will hopefully bring his grade out of the crapper!!! I have to admit, I talked to him about it the other day, and I was just ready to pull my hair out. I didn't have the luxury of having supportive parents when I was in school at his age, and I would have given anything to have done better in school, and here sits this kid who has everyone cheering him on, and backing him up, and he just won't pull his head out!! I just don't get it, and I am so freaking frustrated with him. I really just don't know what to do any more, and frankly I don't have the energy to butt heads with him all the time. I guess I cannot understand how someone can live through all that he has and have no desire to live life to it's fullest. That is what frustrates me the most!!!

So anyway, that is the state of the union here in the Infertile house right now... I will let you know if I pop, or how things go this Thursday... whichever comes first!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow you are really hanging in there so is Miss Turtle.

You really should be proud of your body...sure its been hard and maybe not the perfect pregnancy you dreamed it might be (and you are allowed to be dirty on the world because pregnancy is damned hard with no manual) but holy moly girl you have really done yourself proud to have made it to a whopping 38 weeks I just made that with my eldest and the Ice Princess was induced at exactly 38 weeks as I couldnt walk without crying!
I'm sorry Kent is being such a shocker,....my 15 year old shows that side regularly and his school actually removes his age group to a campus of their own to deal with the "feral year" as they refer to it. I hope it works as his grades sucked big time this year and in all his best subjects too. I share in your pain.
I cant wait to "meet" Miss Turtle!!!!

Blessings
Tesi