January 23, 2008

I am sooo in love!!

So, after 14 and a half years of pain and failure we have an angel and I have fallen so fast and hard for this beautiful little face!!!! She is just so amazing it is sick!!!

Ok, so here is how it all went down......

9 Pm... Cervadil in (1-16)

5 Am... Cervadil out (1-17)

6 Am... Pitocin Started

7:30 Am... Doc in to see me, 2 CM dilated, broke my water... all I can say about having your water broken... EWWWW!!!!

9 Am... Nubain in..(pain med)

11 Am... Epidural in, still 2 Cm dilated. I had some issues with only going numb on the left side, so they dosed up the epidural, and had me lay on my side until it all went in, but it was to weird having contractions on only one side for like 20 minutes!!

12:30 Pm... Doc in to check me 4 Cm dilated, contractions 2-3 minutes apart. At this point I started a massive itching campaign that they determined was due to the epidural meds, so they changed me over to a different one, and it got better.

3:30 Pm... Nurse checked me and I was at 4-5 Cm but getting there... at this point I knew her head was pretty engaged because I stopped feeling the gush of fluid every time I had a contraction.

5:00 Pm... Nurse checked, and I was 5-6 Cm.

6:30 Pm... At this point I was getting a little frustrated because I had stopped doing much, at least I thought so, so I decided that since I couldn't get out of the bed, I was going to sit upright as far as I could to help her come down. The nurses kept telling me to lay back, but as soon as they left the room, I was right back up again.

7:30 Pm... I started feeling this pressure in my pelvis that seemed to get a little stronger with every contraction, so we called the nurse in who checked me and said we were at 10 Cm, and that she was gonna get the Doc. I knew that sitting up would help!! :o)

7:45 Pm or so.... I started pushing. About 20 minutes into pushing it was determined that little miss was "Sunny Side Up". They had me start pushing while laying on my right side, hoping to get her to turn. That didn't help, so I was put back on my back, and told to just give it all I had. I cannot begin to tell you how it feels to know that your strength and determination is the only thing that will make that baby come out, and how hard it is to have all that when you are numb from the waist down!! I decided that I had to get the show on the road though, and just got down to pushing. After only 45 minutes, and the promise of Tac* Bell when it was all over, Little Miss Turtle came into this wonderful world!!

So at 8:28 PM January 17th weighing 7 pounds, and 19 and a half inches long, Little Miss Turtle joined the Infertile Family!!!

She had the cord around her neck twice, and wasn't breathing right away, in fact she was pretty blue when they put her on my stomach. All I could think about was getting her breathing, because this was SO not going to end bad, I took the towel that she was on and started rubbing the hell out of her back, and after about 30 -40 seconds she took a very wet, and soggy breath, and they snatched her up and hauled her to the warmer. They ended up suctioning her for about 2 minutes and putting oxygen to her face, but at that point she had already pinked up and was looking a lot better. Her APGAR scores were 7 and 8. I ended up with a second degree tear, and some stitches, but the Doc said she was very proud of me because most first time moms take about 3-4 hours to push out a sunny side up baby. Clark cut the cord, and I was so very proud of him for that because he so wasn't going to!!

Little Miss and I were both running fevers by the time all was said and done, so they brought her to my room after about 3 hours, let her stay for about an hour, and took her back to the nursery. I had tried to breast feed her when we were in the delivery room, but she didn't really latch, so the nurse told me to try when they brought her back to me... well she tried hard, but just couldn't get on, so the lactation consultant that was there tried to work with us, and actually looked at me and said... she isn't going to get it sweetie. Not that I care, hell at that point I was just so freaking relieved to have LIVE baby that I didn't care if she had to have a bottle. The consultant and I also talked about the meds that I am on, and she was kind of irritated that I had been lead to believe that I would be able to breast feed on them, when I actually would have been better off on a different med, that I could have breast feed on. Oh well.

I was actually discharged on Friday morning, but they decided that Turtle needed to stay another night to wait for some blood work to come back, so the OB cancelled my discharge and we spent the day with Clark, Kent, and I staring at the most BEAUTIFUL baby girl on the planet!!!

We have been home since the 19th, and this little girl has become the center of the Infertile household!! I have so many emotions running through me right now, that I cannot even begin to tell you how it feels to be at the end of this long, long, winding road!! I am going to try to get a post in, in the next few days about how I feel about this whole thing, but for right now I just wanted to let you all know that Turtle made it, and that we are all safe and sound!!

Thanks to each and every one of you who has taken this ride with me!! I couldn't have done it without you!!!


Erin said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful, and what a great birth story!

Sandy said...

Congratulations! She was worth the wait, right? :) She is gorgeous & I could see your beaming face as I read the words you wrote. Are you not just madly in love? :) So very happy for you, hubby & big brother! Keep those pictures coming!

Heidi said...

Congratulations! I look forward to hearing more about your little girl as you feel up to posting.

Samantha said...

Congrats to you and Kent, honey! I'm so thrilled. Beautiful picture too!

DD said...

How could you not have your heart stolen?? She's absolutely lovely!

Congrats and I'm glad that her birth story will become an interesting part of her future.

Southern Comfortable said...

Congrats! What a gorgeous little girl!

deanna said...

What a gorgeous little sweetie!!! I'm so glad you're all back home and doing great!

(and, thanks for the encouragement on my blog tonight!)

Jerseygirl89 said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful and I loved all the details of your birth story. I can't wait to hear more about Little Miss!