August 20, 2006

Trying to get back on track....

Well I didn't realize that I had been gone for so long.... 3 whole months.... So much has happened in the last three months that it would probably take me a month to put it all down, so I guess I will do a Cliff Note to catch this puppy up.

The Infertility Front:
Well, I went to the RE in May for a followup to finish our referal, and all was ok, except there was some unexplained fluid behind my left ovary. Bloodwork was all good, and as I posted before Clarks's guys were great. So the referal went in, and I got word on June 30 that we were approved for one cycle, the only bad thing was that I had just started my cycle, and it was to late to start meds. The other bad thing was that when I stated bleeding, I had excruciating pain in my left ovary all day on CD1 that it put me in bed for a day and a half. I mean it was horrible, felt like someone had stabbed me with a hot knife. Well two days after I got the letter, I started bleeding again, mid-cycle, but I figured what the hell, so I called them on the 1st of July (CD3) and went in for bloodwork and an U/S. My RE wasn't there, so another one did the U/s, and there plain as day was a huge follie on my right ovary... she told me that it shouldn't be there since I was on CD3, but it should have been CD16, so the follie was right, but the bleeding was off. So she goes to look at the left ovary, and I about fell off the table, it was pain so bad, I almost cried. She went on to look at my lining, and found that it was only a 1 in most places. (Normal lining thickness is a 10 or more) But, then she found some areas at the top of my uterus that had thickness' of 10-15. She called my RE in, and they decided to do a biopsy on the areas.... Cancer is what she told me that she thought it was, that is what it looked like to her. I was stunned and a mess. She told me that it would take 10 days to 2 weeks to get the results back, and to just try not to worry to much... she doesn't know me very well!! Well, by Wenesday of that same week, I was in terrible pain again, and bleeding heavily, so I called and asked if I could come in for them to see what was up. Thursday I went in, and the RE did an U/S. The follie on the right ovary had started to colapse, so she thinks that I did infact "O" either Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, not good with all of the bleeding, and further making her think something was wrong. So she looked at the lining, and the spots that they biopsied were smaller. So, on to the left ovary, and the source of my pain. Nothing was on the ovary, but again the fluid from May was still there. She switched from the transvaginal wand and looked with an abdominal external probe, and there was more there this time then in May. She was very concerned about the fact that I was bleeding so heavily, and having so much pain. She mentioned that I may now have gotten everything worked out with the weight loss and Metformin, so that now an under lying Luteal Phase Defect is showing up... like the PCOS isn't a big enough kick in the ass huh??!! Basically an LPD means that I may infact concieve every month, but that my body gets its signals crossed, and when I should be making progesterone to thicken the lining to further support an embryo, my body does just the opposite and sheds the lining, hence the bleeding on CD16 for the last 2 cycles. So, we decided that we would wait to see what the tests came back as before we would decide what to do. I cannot tell you how long those 2 and a half weeks were. It took them a little longer then normal to get word back, but when they did it was good, no Cancer, but we both agreed it was time to do a Laproscopy, and see what was going on in there. So the 22nd (Tuesday) is my surgery. I am having a Lap, and a hysteroscopy at the same time. I had my pre-op on the 14th, and did all of the registration with the hospital after that. Monday when I went in was CD14, and then right on "schedual" on wenesday CD16, I started bleeding again. The only thing that is pissing me off now is that the ins. co. has decided that the surgery will fall under our IF benifit, so we have to pay 50%. I am going to fight them, but the HBA at the clinic said to wait until after surgery to do it or they could pull the approval. I am not happy about having to pay that much because that will wipe out our IF savings account. ASSHOLES. We have been having trouble with them since we signed with them, but they are the only company that offers IF coverage to government employees in VA. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

The Kent Front:
Well, it has been a hard summer with him, we have been butting heads on a regular basis, and he has gotten all of his electronics taken away once again. It would take 10 posts to tell you all the crap he has been pulling, so I am not really going to go into it right now. We did get to go to the Def Leopard/ Journey Concert in July, and it was a blast. I got him tickets for his birthday to Lenard Skynard in October. Clark and I are taking him, and we got front row seats!! He is really looking forward to it! He will be starting school this Friday and is soooo looking forward to going back. This will be his last year of middle school. I can't believe it, it seems like yesterday he was in the 2nd grade and just a little peanut of a thing. This must be how BioMoms feel watching their little ones grow up.....

The Fur Baby Front:
Well, since it has been so long since I posted we have had some major changes in the house as far as the animals. First off we lost Bella in May due to what our new vet thinks was Cancer. She was limping a lot, and Clark and I took her to the vet, and he DX'd her with hip dysplasia, so we started her on shots for building up her joint fluid to ease some of her pain... well that weekend was Memorial Day weekend, and we had taken her in that Friday to have her second shot, and Clark asked him about some things that were concerning us... she hadn't been holding her bladder, had been having a hard time with #2 and whining all the time, so Clark asked him if he thought it could be something more serious then just her hips, but he said it was prolly just that she was in pain, and gave her some meds. Well, by Tuesday she was acting really out of it, walking like she was drunk, not eating or drinking, and panting like she was hot. When I took her temp after she had been outside laying in the sun for over 3 hours (it was 95 degrees out and humid as hell), and it was only 98.3 (normal temp for a dog is 101-103). So, I called our vets, but they were out of town, so I called another vet, told him what was going on, and they suggested that I bring her in ASAP. By the time I got her there she wasn't moving on her own at all, and her temp had dropped to 97.6. Bloodwork and x-rays showed that she was bleeding internally, that her lungs were filling up with fluid, and her heart was being crushed. There was nothing that they could do for her, so we had to put her to sleep. I was so angry that we had addressed this issue with our vet 4 days before then, and they basically dismissed us. Clark was devistated to say the least as Bella was a Daddy's Girl. We had her cremated, and she sits on the mantle now with her sister Snickers. Duke, the "puppy" that we got back, ended up getting one of our foster dogs pregnant in April, and shortly after that she bit the guy who came out to install our satalite internet (LOL didn't work though, we are to rural for rural sat. internet... go figure!!) so I had to put her in quarentine, well in order to get her out I had to adopt her. Well, the Thursday after we put Bella to sleep, Kent decided to pick a fist fight with Clark, and Duke got upset and bit Kent on the side of his chest. It wasn't that bad, but it really could have been worse if Duke hadn't gotten the back of Kent's wheelchair when he bit him. So the next day we had to have him put down because as much as we loved him that is something I just can't allow. We got up Saturday, and were doing yardwork when I noticed that my S (my female mini doxie) wasn't looking right, and when she pooped, there was nothing but blood... so, I rush her to the ER vet, and he had Hemoragic Gastro Enteritis, so she had to stay with them for 4 days!! Poor baby was so sick, and of course mommy went up everyday to visit her!!! She is fine now and doing great. Fast forward to my birthday, and after a long night of being in labor H had 8 of the cutest little puppies!! 6 girls and 2 boys!! What a great birthday present for me!!! She had trouble nursing all of them because she was just a little peanut, so at 2 weeks we had to start bottle feeding them. Well last monday the 14th, the last one found her new home. We had to take H back tot he SPCA because the Saturday before she bit the neighbors grandson, that was the 4th time, so Clark said I had to take her back since she couldn't stop biting, and that was something we couldn't have with all the kids that are in and out of the house. We also decided to take F back because no matter what we did we couldn't get her to come around and not be so anitsocial. It was heartbreaking for me, but we worked so hard with both of them and just couldn't get any further, so it was time to let go. We ended up getting another rescue on Wenesday form a lady that Clark works with. She is a rottie girl, and her mommy had neighbors that loved to call animal control on her for no reason. So, last Saturday the cops told her to either find the dog a new home, put her down, or face charges if they were called again. Well, needless to say Clark is known at work as the softie for rotties, so we ended up with her Wenesday night. She is a lover, but is VERY NEEDY, has no manners, and hadn't been to a vet in years. So Thursday was vet day, and he said she looked pretty good for not having the proper care. She has a little bit of an issue with her left hip, a heart murmur, and is overweight, but generally healthy. So, she got shots, and I got told that she needs to lose a few pounds, but we think that since she got little to no exercise at her old house, that just being out here in the country and having other dogs to play with that she should lose it w/o needing to be worked out to much. She seems to be adjusting well, and the other dogs like her, so I hope it will continue to go as smoothly as it has been.

Well, I am gonna stop for the night, the T-3 is kicking in and I am getting tired but, I will finish this saga tomorrow.... man it feels good to do this again!!!

No comments: