September 11, 2007

Monday and a Half!!!!

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while.... My mom was here visiting, and we were trying to cram a lot into a little bit of time!! Turtle is doing just fine, in fact she has decided that she has a few favorite spots that her feet love to connect with!!! So that is a big one, I have finally felt this little girl kicking!!! It is amazing, and this past Saturday, after I had checked her HR on Doppler, both Kent and Clark saw her kicking!! It was more of a fat jiggle, but hey they knew it was her kicking!! I am still not showing, at all. It is getting on my nerves because I really want to sport that BELLY!!!

While my mom was here we did some looking at baby stuff, still nothing coming in this house until at least 24 weeks!!!

She helped me take all 6 dogs to the vet, that was a chore, and I ended up getting cut up pretty bad by one of the collars... Sad when you go to the Vet, and they have to give you first aid!!!

I got 14 inches of hair cut off, and it feels fantastic!!! Oh I sooo love it and so do my guys!!! My hair dresser didn't want to do it, but I made her, and I am going to send the hair to LocksOfLove. Dramatic I know, but the hair weighed almost 5 1/2 pounds when we put it on the scale!!! So I think it was time for it to come off, not to mention my head feels so much lighter!!!

I ended up at Urgent Care on Thursday night because I felt like I had something like Strep coming on.... Got there, went back, they took my temp and it was 101.8!!! They did a rapid Strep, and it was negative, so they took blood, and my white blood cells were pretty elevated, so he decided that I needed antibiotics, because I had some sort of bacterial infection. Needless to say I felt like Crap the rest of the night, and actually still do for the most part!! While waiting for them to get my meds, we went to eat, and some Putz hit my van in the parking lot and tried to say that I ran into him. I was stopped, and he hit me, but I got out and told him that his car looked fine, and my bumper had a little streak of paint on it, so no harm no foul. Not to mention that his car was a piece of crap, and there wasn't one panel on it that was the same color... but I really just wasn't interested in getting into a fight with him, so I let it go!!


We really didn't do much for the rest of the time that she was here because I felt so bad, and she went home early Sunday. I really had a hard time letting her go, because this is the last time I will see her before the Turtle is born, and we all know how Grandma's are!!! It was just really nice to be able to spend time with her alone, where we could talk and laugh about all kinds of things!! It did make me realize one thing though..... my mom is aging, and that makes me sad!!! It is hard for me to see her wrinkles, and her grey hair now more then ever, because I feel like I have cheated her out of having a gaggle of grand kids by now, and I worry so much that with some of her medical issues that she won't be around for Turtle like my Grandma was for me!! I never realized how being pregnant changes how you look at so many things differently......

Kent is doing ok in school, tired, but that is to be expected as he is in a bigger building now!!! Just waiting to see how things work out for him over the next few weeks!!

I have some appointments coming up next week, OB on the 18th, and Fetal Echo on the 21st, so if I don't see you before then, then I will let you know how they go!!!

4 comments:

ErinM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

(Sorry, logged in with the wrong account!) Wow, that's a lot of hair! I'll bet it feels wonderful to be so "lightened"!

I'm glad Turtle is kicking and doing well, and that you got to have some fun getting ideas for what she will need!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Samantha said...

I got my hair cut a couple weeks ago, and I spent a lot of time wondering why I hadn't done that earlier this summer!

Keep us posted with the good Turtle updates!

Anonymous said...

loving this Monday and a half....a nice happy day as far as I'm concerned.
I'm glad you got some one on one time with your mum I became my mothers carer for a time and I actually look back on that time fondly.....and you are right they seem to age all of a sudden
I tell ya this little Miss Turtle is one tough little cookie
You getting 3D pics??
Blessings
Tesi