August 14, 2007

1 in 48 chance...

of Downs Syndrome..... Kick me while I am down why don't they???

Dr. ManHands herself called with the news.... wants us to do either the Amnio or a Level II ASAP. Both the other screens were negative, so she said that was good, but she is very concerned with the Downs part.... no really you think?? So the rest of my night has been shit. I am to the point where I am hating fucking Tuesdays because all the bad news I get about Turtle comes on a damn Tuesday.

I talked it over with Clark, and I think we will do the Level II first and if that isn't good then go with the Amnio. I can honestly say I don't know what I will do if it comes down to Turtle having Downs. Clark says that he can deal, but I am not so sure that I can. Just for the record if anyone even thinks about leaving a negative comment about my last sentance, you can kiss my ass.

I will let you know as soon as I can when the scan will be......

3 comments:

The Momcaster said...

ok that totally sucks... but considering the other two screens were negative, i'm sure she's just trying to be extra careful.
stay positive and take care =)

Anonymous said...

Turtle is one of the other 47.....thats all I have to say other than you are all in my thoughts
Tesi

Samantha said...

I'm really sorry you are having to go through such trauma. I was hoping for some good news about the clot resolving itself (as I'm sure you are too!), instead you've got another scary situation on your hands. I'm so sorry.

I'll be thinking of you and your family.